Alcohol Beverage Permits

Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday

General Information

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) requires alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors, retailers, etc. to apply for permits and licenses before they may operate in the State of Texas.  To apply for a permit or license for Ellis County locations, contact the local TABC office, 2225 E. Randol Mill Road, Suite 200, Arlington, Texas 76011.  TABC will provide application forms and a complete list of instructions on how to certify an application.  Additional information is available from TABC, P.O. Box 13127, Austin, TX 78711 or on the TABC website (

1. If the location is within the city limits, take the packet containing the application to the City Secretary where the business is located for approval and signature.

2. Once you have obtained the city’s signature (when required), bring the packet and application to the County Clerk's office for signature.  The cost is $5.00 for certification.

3. Upon completion, return packet to the TABC office for approval.

TABC Requirements

If the application is for a new business which has never had a beer and wine license, you are required to run two (2) consecutive ads in the newspaper of your choice in the town where the business is located.

You will need to file an assumed name certificate in the County Clerk's office if one has not been filed.

Please call our office at 972-825-5080 for any questions regarding the process or fees.