Victim Assistance

Protective Orders

Anyone seeking protective orders may come to the office or call Ellis County District Attorney’s Victims Assistance at 972-825-5046.

You or the abuser must live in Ellis County and you must provide a daytime address where the constable can serve the abuser with notice of the hearing date.

If you have a divorce or any kind of lawsuit affecting the parent-child relationship such as child support, visitation, custody, or paternity pending in Ellis County, you will need to talk to your own attorney about filing your protective order as part of that lawsuit.

Also see the Victims Assistance Resources.